Richard (Rick) Rans                                                                Printable PDF Version Of Consulting Profile
Developing strategic plans that enhance management systems through tools that deliver information and improved business processes.
Applying 30 years of gas transmission operating experience to business problems produces value based project requirements and fit for purpose facility design and operation.
- Business process review, optimization and creation of process based performance indicators for management.
- Maximizing business value:
- Development of measurable fit for purpose project and RFP requirements.
- Operability review of designs for the life cycle value proposition.
- Development of cost effective maintenance practices that manage business risk.
- Operational start-up and verification of metering and instrumentation systems.
Skills and Background
- Facilitated the development of TransCanada's gas measurement system and enhancement of their measurement practices to deliver significantly best in class operating costs and maintenance value.
- Reduced connection costs to TransCanada's system by ~30% from 2002 to 2004 through participation in project kick-off meetings and developing fit for purpose project requirements.
- Facilitated the resolution of numerous customer concerns related to measurement accuracy, the most being the identification of intermittent ultrasonic meter over-registration due to low flow and run switching failures.
- Commissioned the meter stations and developed the measurement maintenance and gas accounting practices for the greenfield State Energy Commission of Western Australia (SECWA) natural gas pipeline system.
- Member of APEGGA and past member (1995 - 2005) of the American Petroleum Institute - Committee On Gas Fluids Measurement.